Update: I won’t be able to host trivia tonight because I came down with a bad cold. I’ll be there next week, though.
Tomorrow night, I’ll be hosting Wednesday Night Trivia at Kilo Bravo, located at 180 N. 10th St in Williamsburg, on Wednesday nights starting at 8:30 PM.
My friend Mike Q works the bar during the night and contributes a bunch of questions, usually with decadal themes such as 1990s fashion, 1990s music, 1980s movies, and 1970s sports.
My own contributions include current events of the past week and a picture round to identify something I put on the TV screens at the bar. You can see last week’s questions, below!
Come out with a team, join one, or play solo. It is half-price chicken wings until 10:00, and there are prizes:
- $25 bar tab for the first-place team
- $15 bar tab for the second-place team
- a round of shots for the third-place team
The fun starts at 8:30. Hope to see you there!
Here are some questions from last week’s Wednesday Night Trivia at Kilo Bravo. Answers are below.
- Last week, this NFL player drew criticism for refusing to stand during the singing of the “Star Spangled Banner,” as a protest for the treatment of blacks in the US.
- On Tuesday, the European Union authorities ruled that what US company owed $14.5 billion dollars in back taxes, stemming from a tax haven set up in Ireland?
- It’s back to school season, and this university welcomed its students by banning hard liquor at undergraduate campus parties. Which school went “beer and wine” only?
- On Thursday, the highest administrative court in France overturned a ban imposed by the French town of Villeneuve-Loubet, citing civil-liberty concerns. What did the French coastal town ban?
- “We came out to the piazza, and it looked like Dante’s Inferno.” Which disaster last week, which claimed over 120 lives, is this observer describing?
- Although the hotels will remain open, you’ll have to travel to Lake George, New York, to visit the last location of this once-thriving restaurant chain, after the location in Bangor, Maine closes next week. What orange-roofed restaurant chain is in danger of being a forgotten roadside attraction?
- White pepper is one of the eleven ingredients in this secret recipe that may have been revealed to a Chicago Tribune reporter. What was the recipe?
- Longtime aide to Hillary Clinton, Huma Abedin, is separating from her husband.
- who is he?
- why are they separating?
Identify each of the following breakfast cereals.
- Colin Kaepernick
- Apple, Inc.
- Stanford University
- the burkini
- earthquake in Italy
- Howard Johnson
- Colonel Sanders’s recipe for his addictive chicken
- Anthony Weiner, for sexting with other women
- Cap’n Crunch
- Lucky Charms
- Froot Loops
- Frosted Mini Wheats
- Cookie Crisp
- Count Chukula
- (Berry) Kix