On Friday, February 1, in Grand Central Terminal, there will be a celebration for the station’s centennial.
Of immediate interest:
- Keith Hernandez!
- The Lego replica of the train station
- 1913 pricing on various items at shops inside the terminal
- 19¢ ea. shrimp, 13¢ ea. mussels, 13¢ ea. clams at Pescatore
- 10¢ shoe shine at Leather Spa
- 6¢ loaf of rye bread at Zaro’s Bakery
- 75¢ Adirondack cocktail at Michael Jordan’s The Steak House N.Y.C.
- Free stuff
- Grand Central Centennial Luggage Tags
- Vintage train whistles from Target
- Spring rolls from Pescatore
- Origins iPhone cases from Origins
I suppose the Apple Store’s absence from these is due to the fact that it would not be around for another 63 years.